The day was today, a normal day. I was bored and I decided to go listen to some good emo albums, so I search Snowing in Spotify and I of course, go in to their page, only to see that there is a new release. At first I thought, “nah, this isn’t real” but oh my god it really is. I ran to my brother and showed it to him (he was as hyped as me) Now I wonder, how didn’t I know this had been released just 9 years ago? Was it my lack of visits to music forums? My hype for the end of Homestuck? I don’t know, but I just know this album is gonna be a next personal favourite.
This album has one of my top 10 albums of all time, “Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit”, plus some other unreleased songs, which is fucking awesome because there just aren’t enough Snowing songs to help me go through adolescence.
Actually, “Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit” got me into emo music. No, it wasn’t American Football. It wasn’t Mineral. It wasn’t Sunny Day Real Estate. It was Snowing.
I think I might do this track for track because why the hell not?
- Sam Rudich 10/10 Ah, yes. Just as I said up there, this song got me into emo, so it’s obvious I love this song. I can the lyrics by heart (Actually, I can the lyrics to the whole album) Should I describe what I like of this song? I think I should. I really love the math core guitar(s?) and the amazing percussion. Even if it’s underrated, the bass in this song is just amazing, it helps fill the song. Also, the opening lyrics are just amazing (I’VE BEEN WASTING, THIS FUCKING YEAR ON THE IDEA OF GETTING UP AND MOVING O-ON) Just, amazing.
- Important Things (Specter Magic) 10/10 Yes. This song has THE sound. I will stop writing what I like about the (because they all will be the same as the last one)songs and just copy paste my favourite lyric of the song. “WHY CAN’T I SEE THE SUNSPOTS IN YOUR EYES?” (damn…)
- Pump Fake 10/10 “I’D CUT MY ARMS OFF. NO REGENERATION”
- Kirk Cameron Crowe 10/10 “OR WHEN THE BRAKES LOCK AND WE’RE CLEARLY GONNA DIE, I’M GONNA GRAB YOUR ARM AND SCREAM I LOVE YOU!”
- Methuselah Rookie Card 10/10 “I’VE BEEN LIVING LIKE A SAILOR MY SEA LEGS ARE WEARING DOWN”
- You Bring Something… No 10/10 Even if extremely lo-fi, this song is simply put amazing. Actually, this was the first times i had listened to it, and damn it was so good. It had the sound too
- I Think We Are In Minsk 10/10 YES. IT’S THE FIRST SONG FROM THEIR ONLY ALBUM (FYEB is actually a demo) I have always loved this song. Never fails to make me jump around like an idiot.
- So I Shotgunned A Beer And Went Back To Bed 10/10 dude, it’s their most famous song, it’s obvious i like it.
- Pump Fake – Alternate Version 10/10 Just as good as normal Pump Fake, with some minor changes.
- Scherbatsky 10/10 Just… To good…
- Big Weed 10/10 THIS IS THEIR BEST SONG DAMN. The song gets incredibly good 01:15. This is Snowing at their best.
As you probably can guess, this album is a 10/10, and I’m pretty sure this will be Snowings last album, ever. But god it was worth the wait.